This creamy grape and watermelon fruit salad is so refreshing and simple. The perfect addition to any picnic or barbecue.
Simple is my love language when it comes to cooking. Life is busy and the faster I can have food on the table, the better. Now that doesn’t mean I want flavorless and okay food being served. This fruit salad is anything but that! It is flavorful, super quick to put together and healthy. That is a win all around!
Everything in this salad you can grow yourself if you live in a warmer climate. Plus, lemons, limes, grapes, and watermelons are in season! You can also make your own yogurt. Nothing better than combining all homegrown goods to make an epic dish for your friends and family to enjoy.
I got a lemon tree this past spring and I’m hoping next year I will get some of my own homegrown lemons. I can see myself adding lemon juice and zest to pretty much everything. Lemon is one of my favorite flavors.
This salad is best enjoyed immediately after mixing in the yogurt with the fruit. If you plan on serving this at a later time, I recommend cutting up the fruit and then waiting to mix in the yogurt until you are ready to serve it. The juices from the watermelon can make the yogurt separate and thin it down which isn’t the best.
- Red Grapes
- Sugar Free Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Lime Juice
- Lemon Zest
- Cube the watermelon and cut the grapes in half.
- Put your watermelon into a medium sized bowl.
- Add the cut grapes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the lime juice, lemon zest, and greek yogurt.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the watermelon and grapes.
- Use tongs to mix the fruit with the yogurt.
- Serve immediately.
- 4 C Watermelon
- 2 C Red Grapes
- 1 C Sugar Free Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tsp Lime Juice
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and slice the grapes in half.
- Add the watermelon and grapes to a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the Greek yogurt, lime juice and lemon zest together. Stir until combined.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the cut fruit.
- Serve immediately.