This easy chunky guacamole is a great appetizer to any meal and can be made in no time!
I’m a snacker. There are days where I just eat snacks and don’t have a main meal. Having a snack that is healthy and filling is a bonus. Chips and dip are one of my go-to choices. Guacamole always tastes good, especially in the summertime.
I love adding extra vegetables to guacamole because I feel like it just tastes it up another notch. It’s a great way to use your garden vegetables you have on hand as well. I have a giant bowl of cherry tomatoes on my counter all summer, so I try to throw them into as many recipes as I can.
It’s funny because I’m the only one in my house who likes avocadoes. My kids loved them as babies but now, not so much. My husband likes them but is allergic so that leaves me to eat the whole bowl of guacamole, which I’m not mad about. I’m hoping my kids grow to like them again because they are so good for them. Who am I kidding, I want them to grow to like any kind of vegetables other than potatoes. I’m going to try to dehydrate some zucchini and make them into chips and see if they will eat those. Fingers crossed!
For now, I will enjoy the guacamole all to myself!
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Garlic Salt
- Cut avocadoes in half long ways. Remove the pit. Scoop out the avocado with a spoon into a bowl.
- Lightly mash.
- Dice the cherry tomatoes into small pieces. Add to the avocado.
- Finely chop the red onion. Add to the other ingredients.
- Add the garlic salt to the bowl. Stir until combined.
- Serve with chips.
- 3 Avocadoes
- 1/2 C Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 C Red Onion
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- Cut avocadoes in half long ways. Remove the pit. Scoop out the avocado with a spoon into a medium sized bowl.
- Lightly mash the avocado.
- Dice the cherry tomatoes. Add to the mashed avocado.
- Finely dice the red onion. Add to the tomatoes and avocado.
- Add the garlic salt. Stir it all together until combined.
- Serve immediately.