Craving something sweet but don’t feel like baking? These monster cookie energy balls are just the ticket! Quick, easy, and simple to make.
You can feel good feeding your kids these are their sweet treat. They are full of nutrient dense ingredients that are pantry staples! These would be a great activity for your kids to do, that’s how easy they are to make. Just measure, pour, and mix! A great way to get them involved in the kitchen and help prepare their own snacks.
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Peanut Butter
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Reece’s Pieces
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients together. Stir until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, roll into 1.5-2-inch balls.
- Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour and then serve or put in a sealed container.
These are great for on the go like going to the park, a long car ride, or a camping trip. They don’t melt in the cooler and are actually quite filling! Don’t have chocolate chips or Reece’s Pieces? No worries you can substitute them for any kind of sweet treat you’d like or have on hand. These would be so good with chopped up Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups or any kind of candy bar.
Finding snacks that kids actually like that aren’t just straight up sugar is hard to do. These have just the right amount of sweetness that your kids still think they are getting that extra sugary snack they love but they are getting lots of good nutrients and natural sugars from the honey. Between me, my husband, and the boys we have these all eaten by the end of the day. You can easily double or triple the recipe to fit your family size.
Monster Cookie Energy Balls
Craving something sweet but don't feel like baking? These are just the ticket! Quick, easy, and simply delicious that the whole family will love!
- 1 1/2 C Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 C Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 C Honey
- 1/4 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 C Reece's Pieces
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, roll mixture into a ball shape about 1.5-2 inches in size.
- Places on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Chill in refrigerator for one hour, then serve or store in a sealed container.
You can substitute the chocolate chips and Reece's Pieces for any type of chocolate you like, or you can leave them out.
Creamy peanut butter works best but you can use crunchy if you prefer.
These can be stored in the freezer to be eaten at a later date.
Leave a Reply