This super flavorful roasted homemade roasted cherry tomato sauce is bound to become a staple in your household. From the aroma to the taste, it’s undeniably delicious. Enjoy your cherry tomato crop all summer long in your favorite Italian dishes.
Cherry tomatoes plants can produce an abundance of ripe tomatoes to where it’s hard to keep up with them especially if you have more than one plant. We have four very large plants giving us handfuls of ripe tomatoes a day right now.
I could tell some of them were starting to get too ripe because they were starting to split. The very ripe ones make the best sauce in my opinion though! They have the strongest tomato flavor, and they give your sauce that nice red color. What better way to preserve them by turning them into a delicious sauce that will keep for months in the freezer.
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Wash and dry your tomatoes thoroughly.
- Chop onion into chunks
- Put tomatoes and onion on a sheet pan
- Toss them in olive oil so they are fully covered.
- Put in 400-degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Put roasted onions and tomatoes in a blender.
- Add your parmesan cheese, italian seasoning and salt.
- Blend until smooth or the consistency you prefer.
- Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.
This sauce is so good on pasta or as the sauce for your pizza. The flavor is unlike store bought sauce. It’s so much better! The roasting process really accentuates the tomato and onion flavors and caramelizes the sugars in them, making it a sweeter sauce.
I love to have this on hand at all times to make mealtimes quicker. It keeps well in the refrigerator, or in the freezer. You could also can it if you followed proper canning instructions.
- 2 Lbs. Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Large Onion
- 1/4 C Olive Oil
- 1/4 C Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Tbs Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp salt
- Wash and dry tomatoes thoroughly.
- Chop onion into medium sized chunks
- Put tomatoes and onion on a sheet pan. Cover them in olive oil.
- Roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Put roasted tomatoes and onion in a blender. Add the parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Blend until smooth or to the consistency you like.
- Use immediately or pour into a container than can be airtight. Store in the refrigerator.
Will keep up to a week in the refrigerator.
Will keep up to 3 months in the freezer.