This zucchini lasagna is one of my family’s favorites! It’s so delicious and it’s a great way to use multiple zucchinis if you are in abundance.
Squash season can be kind of overwhelming. One minute you have none and the next you have twenty zucchinis sitting in your fridge. We use this recipe every squash season just for that reason. It’s easy to make, uses multiple zucchinis and it’s a great low carb option for dinner.
- 4 Medium/Small Zucchini
- Ricotta Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Italian Seasoning
- Wash and dry your zucchinis.
- Slice zucchini long ways, an 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Line sheet pans with parchment paper. Lay the sliced zucchini on the sheet pans in a single layer.
- Sprinkle salt all over the zucchini. Let it sit for 5 minutes. With a paper towel, get the moisture off. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Remove moisture again from the zucchini.
- While zucchini is cooking, make cheese filling. Mix container of ricotta, the egg, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning and salt together. Set aside.
- Pour a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in your 9×13 pan.
- Then put a single layer of zucchini, then a thin layer of the cheese filling.
- Repeat the zucchini and cheese filling layers until you run out. Should be about 3 layers.
- Once you have all of your zucchini and cheese layers done, cover in spaghetti sauce.
- Put slices of mozzarella all over the top along with the shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Then broil on high for 2 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is very forgiving, so if you need to substitute a cheese or have a little less or more of an ingredient, that’s okay it will still turn out really good!
- 4 Medium/Small Zucchini
- 1/2 C Parmesan, Shredded
- 1 C Mozzarella, Shredded
- 8 Ounces Fresh Mozzarella, Sliced
- 24 Ounces Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 Tbs Italian Seasoning
- Ricotta Filling:
- 15 Ounce Ricotta
- 1/4 C Parmesan, Shredded
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbs Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and dry zucchini thoroughly. Slice zucchini long ways an 1/8 thick.
- Line 3 sheet pans with parchment paper. Lay zucchini down in a single layer. Sprinkle salt all over them. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Get the moisture that has come out of the zucchini from the salt off with a paper towel. Then bake for 8 minutes. Pat dry after baking.
- While the zucchini is cooking, make your ricotta filling. In a medium sized bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, put down a thin layer of spaghetti sauce, then a layer of zucchini, then half of the ricotta filling, top that with half of the shredded mozzarella and half of the Italian seasoning. Do these layers twice. Then you will do one last layer of zucchini, cover it in spaghetti sauce, then put your sliced mozzarella down. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of that to finish it.
- Bake for 40 minutes uncovered and then broil on High for 2 minutes.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. Then enjoy!
You can use all shredded mozzarella or all sliced mozzarella, whatever you prefer.
This recipe is very forgiving. You can use any kind of spaghetti sauce, and cheeses.